Monday, January 15, 2018

GUEST ARTIST FEATURE: Melissa Phillips

Hello everyone! My name is Melissa Phillips and I have long adored Wplus9 stamps and products! I’m so happy to get to share a couple of projects with you today using some of my favorite WPlus9 products.

My card and tag use the beautiful Rose Builder stamp set and coordinating dies. These flowers can’t help but be anything but gorgeous. I love how they come to life with each layer added.

I was creating these projects the other day with my daughter by my side and asked her what her favorite color of flower was and she mentioned, blue…so I had to try my hand at a blue flower for her and love how it turned out.

Before I adhered my stamped and die cut flowers, I used the “stamping-off” technique to create a subtle background of leaves on my circular tag, and on the matching tag I created.

Vellum is one of my go-to mediums when it comes to adding softness and depth. On my tag as well as on my card, I die cut a few Rose Builder leaves from vellum and then stamped the veins only using watermark ink, followed by heat embossing each using white powder.

I chose to use the Basic Banners stamp set and coordinating die for my sentiments, and love the simple but elegant feel they add.

Thank you so much for joining me today and thank you so much for inviting me, Wplus9…it’s been a treat!

Melissa

Featured Supplies

For your convenience, here is a list of the featured Wplus9 supplies used on today's project(s), along with links to purchase.

Wplus9 White Cardstock
Wplus9 White Cardstock
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 Rose Builder Stamp Set
Wplus9 Rose Builder Stamp Set
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 Rose Builder Die
Wplus9 Rose Builder Die
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 Basic Banners Stamp Set
Wplus9 Basic Banners Stamp Set
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 Basic Banners Die
Wplus9 Basic Banners Die
Shop at:
WP9

7 comments:

  1. Ms. Melissa, you seem right at home here at Wplus9... your last tag just ticked all of my boxes!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS JOB, Melissa!!!! It is SO NICE to see you here too!!! I'm one of your BIGGEST FANS! ;) Your card & tag look WONDERFUL!!! I am INSPIRED!!!! ;) (((Hugs))) dear lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mix of vellum leaves! Always a masterpiece!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! Melissa, you are a master at getting the layers just right.

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest