Wednesday, December 20, 2017

GUEST ARTIST FEATURE: Norine Borys

Hi, and hello!

Norine Borys with you today for a December guest design post! Can I just begin by saying how delighted I am to be invited here and to have the opportunity to play with more Wplus9 product and to share the creativity that came from that! If we could put in for gift requests in life, mine would be to sing like Shania, dance like Cheryl Burke and paint like Dawn Woleslagle!

So I’m sharing a card and video with you today. I was happy to take a break from holiday-centric creating and I made a birthday card and a Hello Friend card by painted a floral arrangement, using stamps from the Modern Peonies, Modern Anemones and Watercolored Anemones stamp sets.


Watch above or watch in HD at YouTube

I stamped each of the images onto Post-It paper first, so I could build my floral arrangement and be happy with it before inking up stamps and gettin’ messy. I started by stamping my arrangement of blooms, blossoms and leaves onto Canson XL Cold Press Watercolor Paper, then painting the flowers and adding a background wash of color, onto which I stamped the mini leaves from the Watercolored Anemones stamp set in four different colors of Tim Holtz Distress Inks. I used a mix of Daniel Smith, Windsor & Newton, and Prima watercolors. Any that you have on hand will do.

After the painting was dry, I used a Sharpie pen to out-line some of the small leaves in a haphazard fashion, added some curly vine tendrils, and re-added some definition to the stamped flowers. Then I added some paint splatters.

The sentiments for these cards were stamped on vellum using the "Hello Dear Friend" sentiments from the Beautiful Bouquets: Dahlias stamp set, the "Hello" from the Doodle Buds stamp set, and "Happy Birthday Wishes" from the Modern Peonies set. I stamped with Versafine ink in Onyx Black and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

Each card has the sentiment stamped on a piece of vellum paper; either a cropped band across the top, or a torn sloped piece along the bottom. The addition of a few raindrop gems is all these cards need to feel complete.

Thanks again to Dawn and the Wplus9 team for inviting me to guest design this month! The beauty of your stamp designs makes it possible to create truly lovely cards and art!

~ Norine

Featured Supplies

For your convenience, here is a list of the featured Wplus9 supplies used on today's project(s), along with links to purchase.

Wplus9 Modern Peonies Stamp
Wplus9 Modern Peonies Stamp
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 Modern Anemones Stamps
Wplus9 Modern Anemones Stamps
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 Doodle Buds Stamps
Wplus9 Doodle Buds Stamps
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 Beautiful Bouquet: Dahlia Stamps
Wplus9 Beautiful Bouquet: Dahlia Stamps
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 Watercolored Anemones Stamps
Wplus9 Watercolored Anemones Stamps
Shop at:
WP9

17 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!! Glorious bouquet of blooms Norine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! What watercolour beauties! Love your colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! And one of your wishes has come true. . . when I first glanced at my email I thought to myself "wow another beauty from Dawn. I hope there's a video 'cause I love to watch her paint!" Great job and so glad you share your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW LOVELY, Norine! I LOVE your free play with the water colors & pen work! I also LOVE the way you added the vellum! Watching, makes me want to pull out my stamps & begin to play!!! THANK YOU for sharing with us!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! Norine, you've done a splendid job with this beautiful watercolored piece. I love the tip with the sharpie. This type of watercolor is my favorite, and now I know why I'm so drawn to your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Beautiful!! And THANKS a lot for sharing the video:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stunning cards Norine, you are extremely talented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color combination on this card. Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think my request might add "and to paint like Norine." Simply Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a BEAUTIFUL card! So so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love your style and your cards are gorgeous! Thanks so much for the video too - I learned a lot!!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Voilà une description qui donne envie... Je le note dans un coin ! :)
    question voyance gratuite par email

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply gorgeous! Thank you for the video!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest