Friday, July 17, 2015

Throwback Thursday #6 - So 80's

Do you remember the first WPlus9 stamp set that you purchased? I do! Mine was So 80's. It's the perfect stamp set for guys and we all struggle with cards for them. So, grab your throw back So 80's set and let's make some guy cards!

My cards this month use a fun color combo. It's not one that I usually reach for, but I find that it's perfect for masculine cards. I used Flamingo, Mojito, Silver Lining and Black. If you are looking for a new masculine color combo, I suggest that you try this one.

Wplus9 Supplies:
Stamps: So 80's // Ink:  Mojito, Flamingo, Silver Lining, Black // Cardstock:  White 

My first card was inspired by Get Sketchy with Joni - Challenge #2. Joni designed a fabulous sketch that I thought was perfect for kicking off my Throwback post! I trimmed a 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 inch piece of white card stock on a diagonal and then placed it on a white card base. I made light pencil marks for where the pieces would be placed, then removed them and stamped the background.  Once the area was covered, I erased the lines and added the diagonals with dimensionals.

Wplus9 Supplies:

On this next card, I continued with the idea of stamping the card base, something I carried through all three designs. I stamped and die cut balloons and made a birthday card perfect for boys and tweens.  The black strips of paper help ground the design and add cohesion to the top and bottom portions of the card.

Wplus9 Supplies:
Stamps: So 80's, Ink Splats // Ink:  Mojito, Flamingo, Silver Lining, Black // Cardstock:  White 

I had a blast with this card.  I stamped the entire border of the card base, then stamped the top panel. I pulled in the Ink Splats stamp set on this one to add to the overall grunge feel. This card is perfect for boys, teens and adults!

Play Along

Now it's your turn! We'd love to have you participate in our Throwback Thursday posts. We know you've got some older product in your stash dying to see some ink! So let's pull em out.

Use any card above as inspiration, or even the stamp set if you've got it, and let's see those "oldies but goodies" get some love! Use at least one Wplus9 product and upload your project to your blog or online photo gallery such as Flickr. Then link it up using the InLinkz widget below to share it and keep the inspiration flowing! You'll have 3 weeks to play along.

If you'd like us to repost and share your creations on Instagram and Facebook, be sure post using the hashtag #wplus9tbt!

Prize

We will select one random random participant to receive a $20 store credit to wplus9.com. Winners will be announced on Thursdays when the new Throwback Thursday is posted.

TBT #5 Winner

Contact us at customerservice@wplus9.com with your full name and email and we will set up your store credit! (If you don't already have an account set up with us, be sure to set one up to expedite collecting your prize)

Throwback Thursday #6 Entries

8 comments:

  1. I loved the so 80s stamp set ,textures stamps are fab always n with specially with this current this mixed media wave ! your card are wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited I won! I love your stamps & inks! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great masculine cards and who doesn't need some inspiration for those!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards Maureen! I love the 80s grunge look. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are wonderful Maureen <3 love each one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far I haven't been able to stop myself from using neon inks every time I pull out my So 80s stamp set, but seeing other colors used makes me want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very 80's style set - love it though - happy time of my life - when I fell in love and got married to my love!!! Fun to see the cards made with this set!!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest