Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thank You Stationery with Jean Martin

Hello, Jean here with a Thank You stationery set to share with you today. My sister has been asking me for forever to make her a stationery set. She’s a mom of three rowdy boys, and she sends a lot of thank you notes to their teachers in school. (Maybe even some I’m Sorry notes too.) So I thought that a Thank You set would be most useful for her right now.

Don't be afraid to mix and match flowers from different stamp sets. Here, I've selected a few flowers and leaves from each set and stamped an arrangement to envelope the sentiment. My sister loves flowers so this is just perfect for her.

Quick Tip: Experiment on scratch paper with your flower arrangement until you are happy. Then use it as a reference to stamp your cards.

If you really want to make a complete stationery set that feels high-end, don't forget the supporting cast.

Here, I've added envelope liners, stamping them with the same flowers. Lined envelopes always feel more complete. This way, it coordinates really well, and there’s another beautiful surprise when the recipient opens the letter.

Quick Tip: Stamp your floral pattern over entire sheet(s) of card stock and then cut your liners to save time.

I also made envelope seals. These are a lovely added bonus to the set! I just punched out a few circles and then stamped the floral images on them. Then I ran them through my Xyron sticker maker. Viola! Easy peasy!

Colored pens are a perfect way to finish off this set for gift giving. You can make your own Thank You stationery that looks just as beautiful as store bought ones. And the people who receive your notes, will love that it’s your very own hand stamped cards. There are 10 cards in this set, but if you are pressed for time, a more simple design would look just as lovely.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed this project and that it inspires you to make your own! If you’ve made your own, I would love to see what you have done! Until next time...

Jean Martin

7 comments:

  1. Amazingly gorgeous! What a beautiful and very classy stationary set you've put together! Love your style, Jean, and you've made a gorgeous project like this so do-able!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are really beautiful! Love the finishing touches - the seals and the envelope liners. Your sister is going to be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! I've always loved WPlus9 stamps, but these are now my new favorites because of your lovely stationery! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic! Gorgeous and I especially love the little sticker seals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super project, Jean! LOVE that the inside of the envelopes match so perfectly, and the stickers are the perfect, finishing touch! Great use of these beautiful sets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stationary set!! Love these bright, spring colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! LOVING this idea and such a BEAUTIFUL Set!! LOVE the colors and the Fun design!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest