Friday, November 13, 2009

Thanks for Everything

Sorry I have been MIA this week. It has been a really busy one for me. My youngest had an eye appointment and we discovered that he has 20/30 vision in his right eye and 20/100 in his left. So now we have to get him glasses and he also has to wear a patch over the good eye for 6 hours a day to strengthen the weak eye.

Then he started breaking out in hives, and in my inspection of his body I discovered 15 ticks! 15! Poor little man. They were so tiny, about the size of the tip of a ball point pen. Jason and the boys went camping this past weekend and I checked him from head to toe when they got back, but didn't see them. The only thing I can guess is that they were microscopic before they started to feed.

So of course we had to take another trip to the doctor's. I wanted to make sure there wasn't a relation between the ticks and the hives/rash. Doctor says it's most likely an allergy to something. So now the great elimination hunt is on to find out what he's allergic to. It's so crazy. It's one thing after another with Carter and he is the sweetest boy. Now my oldest, Hunter, never has any issues...but behaviorially, he's a pain in the rear! LOL

Add work to that, and I didn't get any time to craft this week, but I still wanted to share with you guys. I thought it would be appropriate to say a great big "thank you" to those of you that leave sweet comments here and to those that have been participating in my challenges. This one's for you guys.

I made this one awhile ago...and I still LOVE it. I was saving it for something special. ;o) As always, thanks for looking, and I will be posting my CASE from IMC#3 soon.

Project Supplies

Stamps: Hampton Art
Ink:Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip, Colorbox Cream chalk ink
PaperStampin' Up! Kraft cardstock
Twine: Papertrey Ink

3 comments:

  1. 15? WOW, that's scarey! I always check my kids after they go hunting too! I never thought about them being so small! Hope he gets better soon and his eyes too! My son, is the same way, always getting hurt or something, and he too is so sweet! My daughter is sweet too, but we call her Drama Mamma! :)
    Pretty card, I love the trees! Congrats on your place cards being on the CARDS blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Dawn, I really love the stamps you have used & the sentiment is a lovely font. What make are they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beverley - I added the project supplies to the post. The stamp and sentiment are both Hampton Art and from the same set. It didn't have a name on it. Sorry, I wish it did.

    Winter - thanks girl, and right back at you! I knew yours would be featured. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest