Sunday, October 25, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #18

Today is a two for one post. Over at Dawn McVey's blog she is having another color challenge. Such a pretty palette.

I love the bright bold and clean lines of that first card. There is actually a story behind that one. ;o) It was my original plan for the challenge, but after working and re-working and giving up in frustration because I just couldn't get it to look right, I ended up with the card below. But like all things, sometimes if you just walk away for a bit...the answer will come to you.

Now, if you take those same colors and give it just a tad deeper in overall shade, they make a gorgeous rustic Christmas palette.

I just love that snowflake from SU!'s Berry Merry set. And all of the inked edges on this card just make it feel so cozy. And that felt ribbon...I just can't get enough of it!

Thanks for looking and I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! BTW, I will work on putting together that tutorial this week on the ribbon flowers. Thanks so much for all of the kind comments!

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, the both of them! Love the boldness of the first design, the little butterfly offsets it perfectly! Love the little tag sentiment of the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are Beautiful! But I am lovin' the first one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the clean lines of the butterfly card! It's very appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both so gorgeous! I love the layouts and how you used the colours...thanks for inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both cards, Dawn! Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! I love both of your cards. I adore the first card especially, the layout, the sentiment, everything... Fantastic :) Great job. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both cards but the first one really grabbed my attention! I love the white space and the great color block on the left. The two toned sentiment and the butterfly really pop! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are GORGEOUS! Love how you combined the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest